View Single Post
11-08-10, 10:14 AM   #83
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Now I'm just going to ignore some of the discussion topics made as I don't see them coming to a conclusion anytime this century.

Roman Catholic here, although I'm quite liberal.

Religion for me is just a way of interpretation.
You can call it God or the Powers of Nature one thing remains clear:

There are things we don't know, there are things we don't understand.
Can Science answer all questions? Are Religion and Science really that different?

Religion simply tries to fill out the gap between knowledge and uncertainty. Without it we'd be lost.

Or to quote the blockbuster Angels and Demons:
... but science and religion are not enemies! There are simply some things that science is just too young to understand. So the church pleads: "stop", "slow down", "think", "wait"... and for this - they call us backward. But who is more ignorant: the man who cannot define lightning, or the man who does not respect its natural awesome power?
Some of the most important science today was present in ancient greece (especially in mathematics). And those scientists believed in the greek gods.

Btw, im from Sweden and we don't have many native religious people left in our country.
I'm living in Sweden aswell and tbh we don't have many religious people at all here. When I mention I'm catholic people are shocked, astonished and ask me things that relate to alot of prejudice.

Last edited by Jooze : 11-08-10 at 10:20 AM.