View Single Post
09-01-12, 04:35 PM   #21
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
OK, I wanted to test something, as I was still wondering why I was seeing a TenTonHammer LUA error for a file in a non-existent file in a non-existent folder in Interface/Addons.

Please note that all changes below are spelling changes only for the plugin.

I edited all the nUI_InfoPanel_Profesion files and changed all references to Profesion to Profession. I also renamed the Interface/Addon folder for the plugin to nUI_InfoPanel_Professions and deleted all nUI_InfoPanel Profesion files in the WTF folder files for the plugin, and then logged into WoW. Once again I got 7 LUA errors for the plugin, BUT, all 7 error messages were referenced to nUI_InfoPanel_Profesions (note the spelling) and NOT to the newly re-installed nUI_InfoPanel_Professions folder and its files with spelling changes.

SO, Dave's patch for the plugin is working just fine and NOT throwing any LUA errors at all.

I have no clue how WoW is finding and reporting file errors on two plugins that are no longer installed anywhere on my system. I think I can safely say that, at least on my system, the WoW error catching routines are wonky. This is officially WEIRD! Maybe you Plugin Gods can figure this one out.

So, as far as my original post about the plugin is concerned, everything is hunky-dory and the plugin is fixed.

Last edited by Coasty : 09-01-12 at 04:40 PM.