View Single Post
08-05-08, 12:34 PM   #307
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Let me start by saying I'm really glad to have gotten all of this feedback today. It does really help the design and development process.

Originally Posted by Archippus View Post
- With the focus unit frame placed there, what happens to the minimap? Will that region of the dashboard become multipurpose like the battleground map / party / raid section to the right?
The minimap is moved to the information panel and now is part of the rotation with the battleground map, party, raid, etc... and that's actually one of the things that's holding me up is I'm having some bug issues with it at the moment. The party and raid are no longer on the right side, the center section that you see the screenshot of in my last post is now multipurposed with its own button... it has a solo/player mode which you see in the screenshot, a group/party mode, a ten player raid mode, a 15 player raid mode (i.e. battlegrounds), a 25 player raid mode and a 40 player raid mode... so, you have one button below the chat window that toggles which type of unit frames you have in the center of the dashboard and a second button on the right you click to toggle information modes... minimap, battleground map, damage, threat, etc. One of the cool things is that the new design actually allows third party authors to plug new panels into either region and add them to the rotation button.

- After playing for several hours last night, both as a Warrior tank, and as a Rogue, all I can do is shower more praise.
Thank you ~smile~

I found only two minor glitches:

- When I was playing my rogue, and in stealth, my Distract skill button on my stealth skill bar always showed "grayed out", as if the skill was unavailable. I was able to use Distract just fine - but the button had the appearance of being unusable.
There are a few buttons that do this and I have yet to have figured out why... the hunter's feed pet button is another that has that problem. Once I get the beta settled back down, I'll be getting back to hunting down these kinds of buttons.

- When I opened my bags, I couldn't click directly on the red "X" in the upper right corner of a bag to close it individually. I had to hold the mouse about a 1/2 cm to the right of the "X" and click.
I have seen this lately on a lot of windows... however, I don't think it is nUI (I could be wrong) because I have seen it when playing with no mods installed at all. It seems to be related to using Bliz's built in "Use UI Scale" option... if I turn that off, the buttons all work as advertised, turn it on and things start getting wierd, like having to click on the edge of a button to get it to see the click and stuff.

- I tend to use a third, user-created chat Window that I call "social" that is filtered for guild chat, party chat and whispers. I place it above the normal chat window. With nUI installed, whenever the UI reloads (including exiting / reloading the game), my extra chat window re-docks with the standard chat windows. This is just a minor annoyance, but is there any way to prevent it?
Hey... that's three things. You've used up you alloted quota of "I only found two minor glitches" ~grin~

Actually, this is a subject that has come up many times. So, everyone will be happy to hear that Beta 2 only manages the main chat frame and the combat log. You *should* be able to add extra chat windows and place them wherever you like. (I haven't tested it yet actually). nUI will not attempt to pick up the extra windows anymore.

- Another third party AddOn that I'd still use in conjunction with nUI is EasyURL, which makes clickable URL's in chat. That would be a nice, commonly requested feature to add that would eliminate the need for another AddOn.
There are major plans for the chat frame on the left. In Beta 2 the combat log has been moved to the information panel on the right side and made part of that rotation leaving the chat window all alone on the left side. Again, when things get settled down that chat window is going to become something like WIM with whisper tabs and options for date/time stamps, keeping a whisper history, coloring, etc. So... in due time, your wish will indeed be my command. ~smile~