View Single Post
08-05-08, 12:50 PM   #310
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Thanks for those, looks great.

If I do have to make a small remark is the space between the unit frames, but I guess you'll be using those for buffs/debuffs ? (maybe alter the background texture a little if time permits to make it less.. erm.. repeative? Not sure if that's what I try to relay as it's not really the same look..but it does have some large "unused" space in the screenshots)
You are correct... the unused space is for buffs and debuffs. I have tried using backgrounds in the zones that are reserved for them and it just looks really weird... far more visually annoying than the blank space and when the icons start appearing in the space, it looks less awkward than in these screenshots.

Love the placing of the focus frame btw, should help out a lot with keeping an eye on a second target.
I like that, as well... I also love the style of that unit frame. I find it very simple and easy on the eye. As I noted a post or two ago, you'll see more of that in the other frames.

Does this btw mean we lose a few buttons ? (just wondering, looks like 2 banks are gone. Shouldn't impact myself much )
Actually, no, you've gained 4 buttons... you just can't see them in this screencap. If you're observant, you'll note that the chat frame on the left and the info frame on the right have been moved up to the top edge of the dashboard in line with the two secondary action bars. The bag bar has also been moved up and is no longer "on" the dashboard but is, rather, directly above it on the right side.

There is now a space below the chat frame and another bewlow the info frame if you look closely at the screen caps. I've used that space for the two utility action bars and the buttons for selecting the panel modes. So, instead of two 2x5 utility bars, you now have 2 1x12 bars.

Again thanks for your time and support.
My pleasure... I do love being a geek ~grin~