View Single Post
01-12-12, 06:15 PM   #340
Aerilyn
A Murloc Raider
Gloss

Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
For textures:
SharedMedia: Renaitre --- there is actually a texture in here called "gloss" that you could use.
Ferous Media Pack

The files should show up if they are in the right format & you made the layout correctly. You could try and use the texture that looks like it has gloss or actually add a "gloss" texture as a second frame on top of the main one. That is generally how people get glossy looking textures on different elements without hiding to much of the panel/button/whatever behind them

I'm looking for an interface with a glossy look to it. Don't you know you cant find one when you go looking

Found caelUI, which is the main one I was thinking of, since it does gloss very well without being overwhelming.
I've tried to insert a couple of textures that had the gloss look I wanted but they didn't show up correctly. All I saw was a darker frame or the frame disappeared completedly. Below is a snippet of the code that I was using:

{ name = "LeftChat", --4---------------------------------------
anchor_to = "BOTTOMLEFT",
width = 320, height = 160,
bg_color = {0,0,0}, bg_alpha = 0.65,
tex_file = "glosstex",
},

All the textures I used were put in the media folder of Lite Panels and I've tried fer31, the glass textures for Arkive UI, and a couple of others and I couldn't get any of them to work correctly.

I have no doubt that I'm doing it wrong since I'm not familiar with lua but that doesn't stop me from tinkering with it

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I really appreciate it. I was hoping that someone in the community would've made glossy frames using Lite Panels.