View Single Post
11-09-12, 02:16 AM   #28
patrick51
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I do understand his anger, and i'm sure he's not the only one... I did ask people what feature they wanted added more.

But that was before I really had a chance to look through things, and as it stands doing quests first would mean doing the work twice, once now to get it working with the current carbonite, and then again a second time when I get to the quests overhaul.
What development tools do you have Rythal? There are many LUA compilers that are actually free and if you need it I think I still have a few licenses left for my corporate copy of dream weaver There is a WOW API for it as long as you promise not to give the license code out the code would be yours to keep i think i still have 4 licences left . I will check when i get back to my home next week have a class i have to teach on Tuesday so it will be Monday evening there before I am home and yes my students also think i am a dick. One of the nice things about being semi retired at 40 I can travel when i want as long as I am back for my 2 days a week I teach.

Have been looking over the code. You do realize that it is fully self contained code IE it does not really rely on blizzards code to work? Most if not all of the map add-ons for wow are Basically just map overlays that changes the graphical information or frames and do not really change the way the blizzard UI functions. Carbonate was designed to totally replace the WOW maps and questing info it is not a overlay but a self contained full replacement for the map UI that is also why when you have add-ons like gather mate, gatherer etc they do not show on the carbonate map only the mini map.

The reason why maps work the way they do is because of the fact it is fully self contained code and does not really rely on wow to function. It is going to be difficult if not impossible to get the same functionality using standard libraries

You can get some of the LUA compilers and by coping a few of the wow folder and making a few of your own files to replace missing files. You can run carbonite on a simulator to trace the functionality.