View Single Post
11-12-12, 10:53 PM   #37
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I do understand his anger, and i'm sure he's not the only one... I did ask people what feature they wanted added more.

But that was before I really had a chance to look through things, and as it stands doing quests first would mean doing the work twice, once now to get it working with the current carbonite, and then again a second time when I get to the quests overhaul.
Rythal,

The OP has no right to be angry about anything. Leave alone the 'coding for free' aspect of addons or the godawful mess that the Carbonite code is, the fact remains that while you may solicit public opinion in good faith, you have a responsibility to do things in the order that is the best development practice. This whiner may be waiting for the quests but many of us are waiting for the Modular Carbonite -- the Ruma successor. (For myself, I'm using a patchwork of replacement addons and eschewing the big C until you're done.)

Annoyed, sure, but this guy? Needs professional help.

Hey, Patrick-whatever-your-stupid-number-is: if you want it done to you schedule -- and since you wrote your own UI it should be a breeze for you -- take a leaf out of Rythal's book an bloody do it yourself, else, enjoy the free programming support he provides. His thread about the switch in lineup was more than sufficient to outline the problem. Alternatively, you could pay him to do it your way to your schedule, but you'd best have deep pockets since, as I'm in the business, I can tel you that we do not come cheap, not by a long shot.

Checkbook or respectful silence.