View Single Post
03-26-09, 02:44 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by NynjaMonkii View Post
I sucessfully added an Arena unit panel type by modifying the raid10 group to show your team on the left side and the opposing team using the arenaN identifiers on the right side. However, the one other change I am trying to do is replace the bar textures with LiteStep from Quartz, but when I try to place it in the Art folder and replace references I get a solid bar with no color. I replaced the BarOverlay references. Did I do something wrong or do I need to do something special with the texture? BTW, great work on the mod!
What arena frames are you trying to customize? Often times the easiest way to replace bar textures with your own is to:
  • Drop the bar texture of your choice into that AddOn's folder (into the same folder as the AddOn's textures)
  • Then rename the current bar texture. Example, the bar texture's name is statusbar.tag. Rename the texture to something like statusbar.old.
  • Finally rename your chosen texture to the same name as the old texture. Example: LiteStep.tga -> statusbar.tga

This how I got started modding my AddOns. There is no need to mess with the AddOn's lua.

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-26-09 at 02:48 AM.