View Single Post
11-29-14, 03:40 PM   #3
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Re: a "report problem" button -- the Curse Client has this feature, and it is absolutely hated by addon authors. The average user has absolutely no idea how to report a software bug in a remotely useful way. On my actual download page, I can write out instructions users should follow, including a list of the information they should provide in their report so I can actually figure out what they're talking about and investigate. By contrast, the Curse Client doesn't show users any of that -- it just provides a big box for them to write useless nonsense like "it dun werk lol plz halp!!1" and then auto-posts that to the download page in the background, and the user never sees any requests for further information I post in response.
This hasn't been true for at least two years, except for the people who are somehow magically not updated from v4. I absolutely detested, and usually deleted without reading, any client-generated tickets, so I sat the client developer down and explained to him how bad this feature was. It was removed when v5 was released.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.