View Single Post
12-04-14, 08:45 AM   #11
Syh
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
<snip>
I agree, it's not really necessary and people generally download the addon and forget about endorsing it afterwards.

The download counter is a great indicator of an addon's popularity as it is. Some might argue that people are able to add to the downloads counter more than once in a couple month span, but I think that's actually a pro for the system.

Let's set the situation: a person has to reformat within the 2 month period of the downloads tracker and then downloads an addon for the second time. That additional download is an indicator that the user determined that the addon was so useful from the last time that he had to have it again. Why shouldn't that count towards addon popularity? The addon's so useful that it's basically a must-have for this person.

Download counters don't require any user input besides downloading the addon itself whileas the likes system would. I think download counters are far superior despite being simplistic.

I wouldn't care if the feature was added but I think it's wasted time and effort. The time creating the system would have been better spent improving the client in other ways (in my opinion).

Last edited by Syh : 12-04-14 at 10:34 AM.