View Single Post
06-28-10, 09:21 AM   #5
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by kidxrated View Post
I think the client for wow is fine now the way its any more changes you will mess it up i think its time for a ROM client of some sort i hate paying to play wow just for carb so why not make it for Runes of Magic if not what else can i use its like wow is favoured more WTF and really its not hard to fix carb for wow
just a lil exploring on the net and your done so yea it would be nice to see a runes of magic version of this any ways I know this wont happen but its worth the wish.
First of all... Whole different database from one game to another. I don't play RoM so I know nothing of it. This would also have to assume that the carbonite authors played RoM - which they probably don't. It's good to take a working good template (like Carbonite) and apply it to another game, if possible, however I can only imagine there would still be a lot of database coding and gathering to do.

My suggestion is to get one of the RoM addon creators to get trial version of WoW (if they don't play) and install Carbonite and see if they can make anything out of it that would work. That's probably your best bet in how to get Carbonite (or a similarity) to RoM - just tell them they can be famous and well known/liked for creating such an awesome addon!