View Single Post
09-05-11, 12:21 PM   #23
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Helln_HiHeels View Post
I may be a *n00b* as far as my length of being a registered member but I have been a huge fan of this site for most of my 6+ yrs of WoW play. I recommend this site to my guildmates and other players on a daily basis. This site is linked countless times over on the WoW forums.

While I would like to think the reply from Cairenn would have been generated had it have been anyone's post(not because they're a longtime member) .. but it certainly does address concerns many players have (malicious stuff in downloads).

The reassurance contained in Cairenn's reply is noteworthy on such a huge scale to so many users of this site.. it will be very hard to resist the "copy & paste" or "link" to this post when responding to the negatives I come across on various other forums regarding "downloading addons". Not only is Cairenn's response eloquently put and easily understood .. but also portrays heartfelt efforts of this community.
Thank you for the kind words, Helln-HiHeels. It's always nice to hear that people like us enough to direct other users to our site!

Yes, the post would have been (and in fact is) posted regardless the person it is 'directed' at. I have posted basically the same thing on other forums every time people get going about how dangerous addons are, how you can't trust the 3rd party sites that host addons, etc.

Trying to reassure users is exactly why I overwrote Seerah's decision to close the thread, and indeed our usual rule of not allowing topics to get so far off track. I just felt that it was really important to respond to the 'exaggerated' example that was posted, for exactly that reason - reassuring people.

Absolutely no reason for you to resist. Go for it. The more people are educated, the better it is for everyone.

*hugs Helln_HiHeels*

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-05-11 at 12:26 PM.