Thread: Trying to Learn
View Single Post
06-27-19, 11:34 PM   #9
Aeriez
A Fallenroot Satyr
So where's the API information on HybridScrollFrame_CreateButtons. Or the documentation on how it interacts with HybridScrollFrame_Update? You can't just read Blizzards code itself and draw that conclusion. There's absolutely no markup in their scripts what-so-ever identifying what is doing what. HybridScrollFrame appears to be the (nearly) only real way to display information in a spreadsheet format in a UI. But there's absolutely no documentation anywhere on the web on how to make them. That just seems very odd to me. If I wanted to write a basic rollover script in javascript, a google search on how to do so would yield hundreds of thousands of examples how. If you want to learn how to make a frame that returns values in spreadsheet format (like for a dkp addon etc) in WoW, you're kinda SOL, because no ones telling you how. lol. I've taken addons using it and tried to pick it apart, but they've got entirely too much crap going on at once and use variables like "a1" or "f3" which isn't descriptive enough to actually make anything of it. Someone made a FauxScrollFrame tut here which was very helpful. But from what I've learned, fauxScrollFrame is mostly deprecated in favor of hybrid. Which is written completely different from the Faux template from what I can tell.

Last edited by Aeriez : 06-28-19 at 12:06 AM.