View Single Post
02-11-08, 08:22 PM   #27
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Inchul View Post
I use Bartender. I think thats the best bar mod.
Trinity 2.0.. I've used Bongos, Bartender, CTBarMod, Flexbar..

I truly enjoy Trinity's configuration and setup.. There are, however, a few bugs with Trinity (easily resolvable by the user, once you know how) and I do not recommend it to novice users. It is, indeed, an advanced user's barmod. For ease of use, plus power, I would have to say Bongos is the way to go for -most- casual mod users.

Things I like about Trinity are:
Custom button shapes, configurable PER BAR, round bars here, square bars there, etc..

Ability to go past the 120button limit.

The fact I can put my trinket(or other eq, for that matter) slots onto the actionbars, and no matter what item I have in the slot(s) the bar will use whatever item is in that slot (big winner here, no need for a trinketmenu of any kind) (This is done by editing the button-type to "slot")

Spells and Macros can be all assigned keybinds, without needing them to be on an actionbar. (replaces spellbinder-type mods)

All in all.. Trinity is a complete action replacement mod.. not just a barmod.

Bongos2 on the other hand, has MAJOR ease of use, I like the buff/debuff highlighting on the actionbar(s). It's quite powerful for its small footprint. It is a great barmod, and what I used before I decided I wanted the advanced features of Trinity.

Bartender isn't bad, I just feel like it's a bit "hackish" lacking the polished feel I, as a Mac user, have come to expect from my stuff..

Flexbar.. the last time I tried it, required you to edit config files by hand in order to create bars.. admittedly, it has been quite a while since I've tried it, so I can't speak for it now.

CTBarMod? Well.. momma always said "If ya dont have somethin nice to say, don't say anything at all" so..

Well.. i know the topic was just bongos vs bt3, but I figured a complete barmod review wouldn't be too offtopic