View Single Post
03-13-10, 02:02 PM   #7
NitraMo
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Akryn View Post
That's because you're really booting off the CD and the CD's bootloader is picking the Win7 part. after you don't press a key. You can probably fix it by marking the Win7 part. as active. You'd then have to use bcdedit to add the Vista part. as a second boot option if you want to dual-boot still. There are GUI bcdedit frontends that you can find via Google if you don't want to mess w/ the CLI.
Yeah, I know that the disc's own bootloader is reading the boot file, didn't want to get too detailed though.
Didn't know about marking win7 as the active partition though. Going to try that and see if it fixes it. It probably should, as currently the vista bootloader is reading the boot file created by win7, and the formats are incompatible. Making the win7 partition the active one should make win7 read it instead, right?
It isn't very important though, only keeping the vista install because I haven't bothered to get the program that I use to sync my phone with my computer to work on my win7 install yet (I remember it was somewhat painful to make it work on vista).