View Single Post
10-26-10, 12:09 PM   #1
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Religion and modern society.

Now to make a more serious topic on wowint. "WHUT? SERIOUS? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo (more darth vader ooooo)". Well, don't like the topic? Sod off then.

The basic question is, do you guys (and girls) think we need religion in our modern society? Is religion the base of our morality as a human being?

The reason I'm bringing this up is because well ... past few days I've been youtubing a lot of Dawkins, Hitchens etc. Saw Bill Maher's move 'Religilous' (brilliant btw). And I've always been fascinated by religion and the discussions about god. I'm an atheist myself tho I don't necessarily hate people that believe in god. If it's what comforts them than I guess it's fine for them. I do dislike religion as an institution of power. Be it something like the Roman Catholic Church or Scientology or whatever. I'm against feeding religion with the spoon into the mouth of children. It's funny when it's about Santa Claws or the Eastern Bunny, but it's not funny when it's about a space god that's supposed to be all powerful, all good etc.

I feel that religion and government should be two divided by law. I live in Belgium and our state and church are actually separated .. to a certain point.

Anyway, I'd love to see how the wowint community thinks about this.

(sorry, no pizza vote )