View Single Post
10-26-10, 01:21 PM   #9
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
So either you think that religion is needed in society, or you don't. Simple as that. Yes or no.
This still isn't the answer you're looking for-- I believe that society should not dwell on yes or no for religion. I believe the people are free to do what they want and worship the devil, the God, the bunnies, the unicorns, the three-titted mother with whale children, whatever. It's when society instructs their beliefs on the people that I laugh and say "You douche bag!". Example-- churches saying you won't be saved unless you sit in my house and pay my tides. Hmmm, I say "screw your tides" I'm going to Disney World!

I served in the Military, and I fought several years in Iraq chasing Al-Qaeda. To watch humanity believe in a supreme-being that in my opinion is a folk-lore; astounds me. When I was watching my friends get shot and killed, I wasn't praying to the latex wrapper for courage. I was remembering who I was and what I was capable of, and reacting. Just as I got shot several times in the back and watched the enemy barrel down on me, I didn't pray for the Easter bunny (who doesn't exist by the way) to rescue me; I remembered the soldiers beside me who would give their lives for me.

My point-- live, breath, believe, in what ever makes you sleep at night. But, don't put it on the society that their lives are less fortunate than yours because you think bed bugs are the way to 12 virgins in cocktail heaven.

This is what all religion has taught people-- Muslim, Christianity, Catholic, etc.

"You will never have a happy and fulfilling life unless you give yourself up upon whomever"

This is my thought on religion;

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
To a certain point we're all agnostic, I mean no one can be 100% sure about the existence of god. No one can be 100% sure if there is no god either.
From myself personally-- I don't believe in it.

Almost to the point I can look you in the eye and say "God doesn't exist, sorry but you're house just happen to get plowed by that Tornado. Better luck next time".

Last edited by Ither : 10-26-10 at 01:24 PM.