Thread: GUI's
View Single Post
05-25-05, 08:44 AM   #3
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The problem is making something that is advanced enough for intermediate coders to find useful, but simple enough for newbie coders to understand. The fact of the matter is, the best source for either is still just the base WOW UI files, so it really is best to just start there.

What we need is better documentation. WOW Wiki, while useful in many ways, is only as good as the people updating it. We need someone dedicated enough to document all event, api methods, global variables and strings, and other things that many of us have had to find on our own without due documentation.

I may tackle this at a later date, but it would take a lot of work, info gathering, and constant updating, none of which I have time for at this point...

One thing I am currently trying to do is create a lua / wow xml editing plugin for Dreamweaver. I use Dreamweaver for a lot of code writing, and have managed to get successful syntax highlighting with lua, but am still trying to package it into something everyone can use (with code hints)