View Single Post
05-04-16, 08:17 PM   #160
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
This limitation is not in place to ensure established authors get in sooner or anything like that, since we all likely get in at the same time either way, so the signups slowing down seems to not be much of a convincing argument. Unfortunately its easy enough to sign up and generate a few downloads for anyone, hence a cut-off from before it was announced.
I think the established rules are fair in terms of regulating the authors who are eligible, considering how many people actually want to get beta access just to play the game beforehand. We all want to play the game to some degree, but I'm still going to spend most of my (at this point theoretical) beta playtime reworking my code to handle the new API and features. As Cairenn mentioned, maintaining integrity is understandably an important aspect to getting such a privilege. When this was first announced, I noticed quite a few addons that were either outdated or plain useless in the modern game getting updated to 6.2.x, which was most likely for these particular authors to match the criteria of eligibility in the original post. I hope this doesn't offend anyone who will not be eligible this time around.

Last edited by MunkDev : 05-04-16 at 08:21 PM.