View Single Post
09-15-13, 10:56 AM   #5
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I agree with JimJoBlue. (To skip all the fluff to the answer, just scroll down to where the >< marks are.)

When WoW 5.4 was first updated, I was still using Carb. 5.3 Alpha. I got the 132 error though only when I used my keybind or escape to close the map. Nothing worked even when launching only with Carbonite, but that didn't fix it. So I chose not to use the Carbonite map until Carbonite 5.4.0 Alpha came out.

After installing that, I had the same problem. I looked here to see if anyone else was having the same or similar problem, but none until now. So I made a screenshot, but tried one last thing to see if it would work.

>>>So before posting my issue, I uninstalled/reinstalled Carbonite 5.4 through Curse Client with no success even though I chose to delete the settings too. I then uninstalled the addon again using Curse Client and manually searching and deleting all other carbonite.lua files that apparently Curse Client missed.

I reinstalled and it worked perfect after redoing all of my settings. Since I didn't put a bunch of notes on my map, that wasn't a problem for me, but still would have been worth the effort to make sure the problem wasn't with Carbonite directly.<<<

So the problem isn't with the addon directly preventing WoW from loading, or crashing it when using a feature. For me, it was just that one of its components had become corrupted somehow during the WoW upgrade to 5.4.0 Alpha. I am now using the latest, and it works very well and all new bug reports are for other addons that need fixing by their developers..

I hope this helps some. Sorry for the length.

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 09-15-13 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Removed Quote and minor corrections