Thread: Clique
View Single Post
03-06-08, 02:04 AM   #6
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Layrajha View Post
Sorry, it looks like I haven't been clear enough in my question. I do not want to use different macros depending on my target or on the button I press. Basically, what I want to do is to announce the group of my target, assuming that I'm in a raid. Let's say that I have an AnnouceGroup(unitID) function somewhere in an addon, and if there was a "clique_unit" unitID (local to my macro, somehow, don't ask me how), I would end up writing:
Code:
/cast MySpell
/run AnnounceGroup("clique_unit")
My problem is that, as for spells that are cast by casting the spell with no target (or a bad target) first (making your cursor shine in blue) and clicking your target after, the macro has no way (that I know) to guess who it's being applied to.

One solution that comes to my mind would be to (*sigh*) parse the combat log (but for buffs... as the target doesn't appear... and as it'll be changed next patch...). There must be something easier!
The "mouseover" unit will give you the unit you are clicking on, and in fact the unit of the unit frame you are mousing over.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."