View Single Post
11-09-07, 05:42 PM   #18
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kaomie
Short answer: learn2pvp

Long answer: if you would stop bumping and start thinking for a second maybe the fact that no one is doing it despite the huge community means it would not be that useful after all. If you play long enough you eventually learn the durations of cooldowns applied against your class, and based on your own ability cooldowns you will know how to time your counter-attacks or preventive defenses. And let's say you can track those cooldowns, what are you going to do with that information? Just because the enemy can use a cooldown means he will blow it right away again, so at best you will waste your own abilities early and that will please your enemy for sure. If HE knows how to play he may even count on that. PvP is just too intensive to spend time watching timers. It is quite different with PvE where mobs AI has limits and you can actually make use of as much information as you can, including cooldowns.

Conclusion: is it possible to do? Most likely yes. Is it that useful? Maybe, maybe not. Will someone do it then? Probably one day, unless everyone ignored you from the repeated bumping
I'm sincerely sorry you feel that way. However, you're not the type of person I take advice from, so I will continue to bump this post until my persistence pays off. Which it will.

PvP is not too intensive to watch timers. PvP is all about awareness. The more information you can process and work with, the better. While enemy cooldown tracking does not directly indicate that an enemy WILL blow his cooldown right as it comes up again, it simply frames it as a likelihood, especially when arena is increasingly more about cooldown efficiency and countering applied pressure. I do a good job of being aware of enemy cooldowns, but when you're in the thick of an arena fight, time seems to elongate and it becomes difficult to track enemy cooldowns precisely. Try counting in your head while you monitor everything else happening - which is what I do now. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. That is the precise purpose of many add-ons: doing things that you could do, but would demand immense multi-tasking and concentration on behalf of the player, which could otherwise be applied more productively. Do you need boss mods for raiding? No. I guess you could tell all the hardcore PvErs who do to "l2PvE" but that would be antithetical to the entire concept of using add-ons and by extension being a member of a site for add-ons. Please uninstall all your add ons and play with a default UI if this is indeed your philosophy.

As for "l2pvp" I will wager that my arena ratings are much higher than yours despite my latency handicaps, so I'm going to go ahead and completely discount that.

Now, since you mentioned ignoring, how can I ignore you? Because your answer is far more spiteful than helpful.

Conclusion: You can't stop a pimp. You can only slow him down.

Last edited by matcauthonrh : 11-09-07 at 05:50 PM.