Thread: Carbonite Quest
View Single Post
02-17-08, 08:47 PM   #31
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I began this thread so that I could open a few eyes and get others feedback on how they felt about:

How this type of mod hosted on this site, could change the future of addons.

my opinions remains the same,

Since the admins have permitted this ::

A lot more people are going to be doing this for money, and more than likely the very same people that used to do it for pride and generosity.

Addons have always been deemed as safe (in my opinion) that are hosted here because of two reasons.

The site admins approved them.
The authors allowed you to view it's code in full content.

Now that things are different, and i do believe they are heading on a downword spiral now. Mosty because of the acceptance of this addon in particular.

I never once spoke poorly of the addon from the users standpoint, in-game it's great, and it very well may worth it to 'some' people to pay the fee's for the non crippled version. (no, your not going to re define to me the word crippleware, i know damn well what it means and i have hit the nail on the head)

The main thing i was saying when i started this read was:

I will not condone this nor host it on my addon site.
Shame it got accepted/approved here, *waved goodbye to the last known website that held it's head up high with dignity, that hosted quality OPEN SOURCE addons that are 'free' in their full version for the community of www.wowinterface.com*

Feel free to lock/close this thread. Whats done is done, a couple guys looking to make a buck, have knocked on your door, and you let them in with open arms, while the other mod authors stood back picking each others jaw up off the floor.

--Rodger