View Single Post
01-14-08, 10:58 AM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Rushter said:
The scale of the issue is tiny affecting only a few people who grabbed the file in the few hours. We were alerted to this issue before anyone at WoWI jumped in by one of the UIC users and investigations started right away.
I am assuming he is referring to the poster from this thread. That poster was alerted to the possibility of a Trojan by me, and sent over to their site to inform them by me. He claims that he was informed before we put a hand in it, but that's not true. If it weren't for me caring, he wouldn't have known at all. And I sent the user over there to post so that it would come from the user, not from one of us.

And that user said they had downloaded it two days before (so, on Jan 8th). They posted on their site on the 10th. Rushter finally agreed that there might be a problem on the 11th. That's not a few people in a couple hours. That's probably a couple hundred over 3 days.

I am deeply sorry for anyone who may be affected by this. As I mentioned on the blizz forums, I would be distraught if Seerah and my other characters were hacked and deleted. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh