View Single Post
07-22-16, 10:27 PM   #13
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Major Garrison Lag

Like others in this thread, I've got major lag, but only in the garrison. Everywhere else in Azeroth is fine.

The day of the initial patch (Tuesday) everything was fine and worked properly.

Wednesday I couldn't play because of RL issues.

Thursday when I logged in I had really bad lag, with FPS of only 2.

After pulling out half of my remaining hair on Thursday, Today (Friday) I tried disabling all the addys, then one by one activating them and logging back in. As soon as I disabled Carbonite, no lag! I disabled everything except Carbonite, and still got the lag.

Per instructions above, I got v6.2 from Github, removed all the Carbonite files from the interface\addons folder, then unzipped the new Carbonite. I then double checked the file tree structure as outlined above, and everything was correct. When I log in and view addons, it shows Carbonite v6.2.

My Battlenet ver is 7.0.3.22293. DxDiag shows no errors. I'm running Win 7 Pro x64 on a custom build machine, i5 quad core 3.60gb, 8 gb memory, nVidia GForce Crossfire with 2gb memory, More than 7tb disk space. All drivers are UTD. I've reset ingame system to recommended status.

Any suggestion on a fix, or maybe something that I neglected?

On a side note, I've been using Carbonite since '09, and it is the greatest addy bar none. I remember in MoP where the original owners neglected upgrades, and you picked up the ball and ran with it. It was very frustrating because I had to relearn much of the games interface, and hated it! But you did a fantastic job of keeping it going, and I don't think you're appreciated enough for all the hours you spend just to keep Carbonite available for everyone.

So thank Rythal for your dedication, commitment and hard work!

Last edited by Mordralis : 07-23-16 at 06:59 AM.