4 days with nUI and what i've found
View Single Post
01-13-10, 04:27 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
I'll answer the items I am aware of or can explain. Hopefully others can help with the ones I cannot.
Originally Posted by
I'm new to nUI so some of these problems/suggestions/pet peeves might be answered somewhere else or fixed in the most recent version (just installed tonight). Overall I love the addon
1. Proffesor Putricide - attmepts remaining runs off screen
2. Gun Ship Battle - HP bars of the boats get shoved off screen below the mini map. The hud doesn't change while mounted in a gun so displays useless info like your hp/mp instead of heat charges. It does show your gun as a 'pet'. So really tiny and kinda anyoing to keep an eye on while watching other stuff.
3. Flame Laviathan - After dismounting hot keys get messed up and macros don't work. (might be a boomkin problem)
This has been reported and only seems to be happening recently and it has been hard to track down anything specific causing it as it is just not a mount/dismount related problem.
4. Chat bars - In order to have enough chat to make it useful the font needs to be set at microscopic. 2 fixes i've found, A) Increase the font size so you only see about 3 lines. B) Enlarge the font box vertically to cover up all your buffs. Please make the chat screen wider.
At the moment the only way to make the chat screen wider is to use the Layout folder's files to change the layout of every element connected to the chat frame so that widening the chat doesn't badly effect the solo/party/raid frames area which in itself is just as important as chat display. This type of customisation will be easier in nUI6 but is a bit more involving in nUI5.
5. Target debuffs/castbar/lattency - Please have a quartz like option. The bar system quartz uses is easier to view at a glance, the lattency cast bar is easier seen in prefferal vision. I feel i need to stare at this tiny blue lattency bar with a 28in monitor.
Again, changing the cast bar is also able to be adjusted via the CastBar file in the HUD folder you need to change it in. Unfortunately a quick look at the file itself ( eg. nUI_HUDSkin_PlayerTarget_Castbar.lua ) there is nothing than sizes the latency bar but does allow sizing of the GCD and the bar itself.
6. Fading out abilities. Please have an option to turn this off. Some abilities are being faded out even though they are usuable. Best example of this would be druids battle res w/ glyph will shadow it out because it "needs" a reagent.
I am not 100% on this but I recall people not using nUI having this problem a while back. I personally never noticed this myself and I grabbed every possible glyph possible like this on all my characters. Have you double checked that the fading out ( its been awhile since I used Blizz UI to know if it fades in standard Blizz UI ) doesn't happen without any addons ?
7. An easy way to move an individual action bar to wherever you wanted would be nice.
With nUI6 it will be a lot easier but as mentioned above you can move quite a few of the elements around, but it is best to do this one at a time as they usually interact with each other and moving one item can cause another to move with it.
8. Raid frames. It would be nice to have all the raid frames together and the map somewhere else (disabled maybe) while in groups. The current layout for the raid frames takes up more space to click between than the standard blizzard frames. It would also be nice if debuffs could be bigger, or maybe just specific ones like penetrating cold or the saurfang debuff.
9. The bar at the top. Many times i have clicked up there to try and target a mob only to get my achievement panel in my face instead. Is it possible to have that as a pull out side bar similiar to what there is for auctioneer or maybe the same as the minimap button bag.
Unfortunately the achievement frame ( I assume you mean the quest/objective tracker ) is the standard blizz one with nUI simple mvoing it to fit into the UI easier. Using /nui movers will allow you to move it where you want it to appear though. Also, I have been trying to make an nUI friendly version of this window so that it can be used in an info panel or as a smaller/scrollable/moveable window. I am just having problems with it at the moment.
10. Changing rep bars small pet peeve here. If you have a bar that is say 3/4 full and change to a bar that is 1/2 full the missing quarter will look "burned" into your screen.
I believe that is just a time delay related to how you see the health/mana bars show what is being lost/gained briefly between the old health/mana to the current health/mana.
11. A place for debuffs. There might be somewhere i'm not looking. It seems that debuffs are only shown on your postage stamp sized portriat or with a HUD up. It would be nice to not have to have a HUD up to see if i get a curse of blow up the raid in 10sec.
12. Simple Hud. I kinda love it. Do the bars mean anything? It would be nice if the bars were of you MP/Rage/Energy on the left and bosses MP/Rage/Energy on the right since HP is already shown with the pointers.
13. Group sort seems broken. On this point also priest spell Prayer of Healing heals an entire party. It would be nice to easily see all 5 players in a group in some organised fashion. It seems even if raid sort worked it would still show groups of 4 not 5 as would be ideal.
This has been mentioned before but I can't remember what the result of the discussion.
P.S. Sorry for the wall of text. Still love the addon. Would love to see it get better
Info Panel IDs :
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Xrystal
Find More Posts by Xrystal