Thread: Using the beta
View Single Post
11-29-13, 12:16 AM   #14
DonCorneo
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
First... thanks for helping test out the new releases, I had always figured if it worked for me... it should work for everyone since it's a game, how can it change one person to another, it uses the same code, the script is the same, the experience should be the same.... boy was I wrong lol...

From now moving forward new versions are always going to be posted to the forum first.... if I can go a couple days without seeing any major reported bugs, then i'll move it to live, still not sure an exact time line of what would be acceptable... I had originally thought 1 week of no bugs, but I also know people are impatient and if they are not following the forums to know it's being worked on, they will just see no update... day 2 no update... day 7 no update... So i'm definately open to hearing other's thoughts on it.
I'd say that whatever time you need is acceptable. The problem I see for Authors who are maintaining big addons is that the other players forget that you guys and gals also have real lives and are not just playin the game.
I maintain a rather simple addon, but not on the game a lot. I'm behind on just making minor changes for "Out of Date". If you don't have a lot of time to devote to fixing bugs and it takes a couple of weeks to work it out, then it is what it is. I believe it is better to take your time to fix the bugs, if and when one happens, then rush to make the whiners happy. The Authors who learn how to write the scripts for addons, and spend countless hours writing the programs don't deserve to be harassed for not instantly fixing a bug.
Take as much time as is needed. Ignore those who complain but can't write their own addon.