View Single Post
09-22-10, 11:57 AM   #14
toddimer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xinhuan View Post
Well, the argument is, you don't really need an addon to coordinate 2 raid buffs in Cata, compared to the 4 in Wrath...

"I do Kings, you do the other one, ok?" "Ok".
I can see that argument. Receiving an assignment ("you do kings") is only one piece of the puzzle; you still have tofulfill that assignment in a timely, responsive, predictable manner ("rogues need a new kings"). I think there's still a niche for addons to make fulfilling your assignment easier.

Originally Posted by Xinhuan View Post
You don't see rogues using addons to do tricks rotation on each other, or mages use an addon to buff FM right?
Rogues actually do use macros and addons for tricks, either on high-dps targets or the tank. I can think of two addons that help with Focus Magic. That's ignoring generic timer addons like Power Auras Classic, which light up when the relevant buff falls off/refreshes/is available.

Originally Posted by Xinhuan
Yes, these are simple buffs, but that's the argument, its simple enough not to require an addon to coordinate.
Pally Power was never "required" to begin with; I only used it for about a month total, across all my BC and WotLK raiding. It was a quality of life addon. The disparity in effort between PP buffing and manual buffing was significant in Burning Crusade and WotLK, and (potentially) minimal in cataclysm. As long as that disparity exists, there's a place for addons like it. I think there's still a niche for the core raid-buffing "game" to get some addon love.