View Single Post
09-10-09, 04:44 AM   #6
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Personally, I run two gearcheck addons. Torhol's and InventoryOnPar. IOP used to give a rating of raid boss experience which was useful in guesstimating how far an Uld pug would possibly go, but it's borked now. It does give a gs number rating and I find it most useful now to quickly see if anyone is in PvP gear. Other than than it needs an update.

GearGuage I'm still learning it's intricacies, but the rating formulas are the most well thought out of all the mods that I've seen yet (Torhol, you owe me a cookie).

Addons aside, my mentality with the pug is that for PVE, pls wear your appropriate gear, and tanks, pls have minimum of ~3k hp. Other than that, regardless of what your gear, gemming, or enchants are, everyone has a fair chance to pug with me. The only way to tell if someone knows their class well is to run with them, and knowing your class still doesn't mean that you're alive through the whole encounter, which to me is the best display of someone who knows what they're doing.

To sum it up, I pretty much play with the idea of, "make the most of what you have available, adapt to the situation, live, profit."