Thread: Two probs
View Single Post
08-25-10, 10:55 PM   #15
Narimm
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by metalmight View Post
I have been having a similar problem only it happens when my character goes afk. If I've been reading or something and don't move my character for a few moments I go automatically afk. When I'm done and look back at my chat box it is filled with the following over and over:
You are now Away: Away
You are no longer Away.
You are no longer Away.
You are no longer Away.
You are no longer Away.

I was not sure which addon was causing this until I read this thread. Now I think it could be Carbonite but I'm not 100% sure. Has anyone else seen this or have any input on this?
This problem is not unique to carbonite. In the blizzard UI interface there is an option to disable "auto clear afk" Basically this means when you interact with the UI, it will automatically clear your afk. I noticed the same issue when I installed an addon called Tradefowarder. This is because that addon was sending msg's on non addon channels and basically each time it did so it cleared my afk flag. Once enough time had passed my toon would afk again (assuming I was still away) .. rinse and repeat....unchecking the option in the interface options will stop this exact message. However this is a seperate issue to the inital thread topic.