View Single Post
10-31-10, 11:41 PM   #12
Foras
Premium Member
Premium Member
Have you ever had someone slander your career? Question whether you are a fraud?

Trolls here, and elsewhere admittedly, slip by everyday by simply popping in with a "can't prove a negative" sort of attack.

I am disturbed that a paid supporter forum can't be filled with content.

"Why do you bother" is my wife's question. My answer was that I thought the people (kids to me by age) here are brilliant and offer great things. WoW is a better place because of them.

Next thing I know, someone --> without any effort what-so-ever to respond to content and ideas <-- slanders my guts out. No response from the moderators.

That was the short reply.

========

I once sat in a Berkeley Home-Brew Computer Club meeting. One night, Waz was slumped in the second row, Bill was ranting about IP and Steve was building friendships in the crowd. I was inspired. I finished my Ph.D. and then went to law school and pounded away on IP. Bill had a point, Steve got it, Waz was - gone somewhere.

I see the same potential in the people, again, kids to me now, around WoW. These people, you included, are the champions of the next generation. I would love to do something, anything, to see it all again.

Instead - I get slandered and run off by moderators (two different acts).

So far, no responses to the content of my post.