View Single Post
08-16-09, 02:29 PM   #5
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Post 5 – Macros

This is the post for macros, macros and more macros.

Tips for making your own macros

You can find a lot of useful macros at http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros
Sure it a wiki site, but there is a lot of useful macros and help to be found on it, You can find macros for your class and other things, It will even help you make your own macro, But you can always do what I done and know that other class may have already made a macro for there own use.

Testing a website works
A nice easy website you can use to test a macro works, or get more info on what a macro does is this website macroexplain.com. IF you like more info just click the macro name and it will take you to macro explain.

Macros used by Noxsham

I now going to go on and tell you about the macros I use on Noxsham, who my Resto Shamie mainly, you may find some of my macros usefull for your own resto spec, But DPSers dont worry I have a few macros for you as well. Resto may be my main spec but it only my only spec, my off spec on Noxsham is ele, So lets get on with it

Macros I will be covering are...
Power Heal(never fail to cast a healing spell again from no target)
Power attack (never fail to cast a harmful spell again from no target)
Multi spells on one button
Helpful and harmful on one button
Arrrrgh
Cast and set focus
So lets get started.

Power Heal (never fail to cast a healing spell again from no target)
Code:
#showtooltip Lesser Healing Wave
/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [target=target,help,nodead] [target=targettarget,help,nodead] [target=player] Lesser Healing Wave
This is one of my healing spells, just change Lesser Healing Wave to what ever healing spell you have, make one for each of your spells and replace your healing spells with this macro.

Power attack (never fail to cast a harmful spell again from no target)
Save as the power heal but for attacking things, so you get.
Code:
#showtooltip Lava Burst
/cast [target=target,harm,exists] [target=mouseover,harm,exists] [target=targettarget,harm,nodead] [target= ] lava burst
Multi spells on one button
This is great for if you always cast the same things in the same order, so lets say chain lightning followed by lightning bolt intill chain lightning off CD.

Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [target=target,harm,exists] [target=targettarget,harm,nodead] [target= ] reset=4  Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt
Helpful and harmful on one button
This is one of my greatest macros I have ever made for myself, what it does is if I target a harmful target it will purge them (take buffs off them) then if I got a helpful target moused over it will cure them.
Code:
#showtooltip reincarnation
/cast [target=mouseover,harm,exists] Purge
/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [target=target,help,nodead] [target=targettarget,help,nodead] [target=player,help] Cleanse Spirit
You may of noted at the start I have it set to show reincarnation, this is so I am able to see how long I got left intill I can self res again, semi useful.

First it will purge my moused over target, I did not add anymore that just moused over in case I need to cure myself or team mate. At the end of the day you can change it as you see fit, it your game. This is HOW I play. In my eyes if I dont purge some one attacking me but I cure myself which stops me getting killed, that much better that purging them.

Then it will move onto curing myself.

I will be redoing this macro soon so I can use it for BOTH ele and resto, so in resto it uses cleanse spirit and in ele it uses cure toxin.
But you can just make the macro two times, and just use different macros for each spec :P

Arrrrgh
This is the panic button, it only goes on one place for me, and that my 0 key (rember it under the Dpad). So lets look at it now.
Code:
#showtooltip
/s O **** i'm PeevPeeing
/stopmacro [nocombat]
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Tidal Force
/use 13
/use 14
/stopmacro [nocombat] This will stop the macro unless it in combat.
/use 13 (or 14) this will use your trinket in the top slot (bottem for 14)

You will need to hit this macro 2 times cos of GCD, But it will save some one life, I dont have any useable trinks in PvP, but in PvP I have my PvP trink on, so it will proc that and free me to save a team mate.

And the last macro is setting a focus and casting a spell on the focus in one button
Cast and set focus
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [nobutton:2, target=focus,help,nodead]  [nobutton:2, target=player] Earth Shield
/focus [button:2]
Left click or press the keybinding for this button to cast earth shild on your focus if you have one, other wize it will be casted on your self
Right click will set your focus, if you dont have a target you will clear your target.

So that it for my macros.

Last edited by richwarf : 09-06-09 at 09:54 AM.