Thread: MazzleUI
View Single Post
12-08-06, 05:03 PM   #388
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just to give you guys an update. The 2.0 version is coming along. We've been putting a ton of time into it, basically working every evening into the wee hours. I haven't even respecced my character yet. It's just a lot of work. Given how many different layouts there were (~40) and how non-standard the unit frames are, the loss of DAB and DUF are HUGE. And the generalized nature of everything makes every change in other add-ons results in tons of repurcussions.

Fortunately, one of the testers, Tigerheart, has gotten really involved with development lately. He has single-handedly fixed tons of add-ons, most importantly DFM. Yesterday, he even wrote secure button code to do the context menu independently of a button add-on, which is great, because It would have been a real hack job to try to do it in Bongos. Anyway, all his work has been extremely helpful and has freed me up to do the core parts. He's also been forwarding changes to other authors, and, in some cases, updating stuff in the Ace SVN.

So, here's where it stands:

Done:
- The Mazzifier is now working again. It has also been Ace 2'd. Ace 1 and certain ace 1 add-ons I used like Timex are pretty much deprecated now, so this was a good if not necessary time to do this.
- MazzleUI is now working again, and is also Ace2'd.
- Mazz3d is now workin again, Ace 2'd and is now integrated into MazzleUI.
- All 40+ button layouts have been translated from DAB into Bongos. The majority of information has been retained including floaters.
- All action placement stuff has been translated into an action ID independent format (also needed b/c we can't rely on DAB's button->ID mapping any more)
- All key bindings have been translated into a general format (because we also can no longer rely on DAB binding mechanism)
- Context menu now handled in MazzleUI add-on (Tigerheart)
- About 75% of the add-ons that are not made impossible by 2.0 are working. (Tigerheart)

What's left:
- Finding a solution for paging in the layouts. The way bongos does it makes it very hard to get the shapeshifting and stance layouts to work the way it did before
- Creating unit frames that are similar to what we had before in DUF. All the current unit frame add-ons make really wide frames that just won't fit in the space available in the 1.25 and 1.33 aspect layouts. This is the biggest task left.
- MazzleOptions needs to be Ace2'd and updated for all the add-on changes.
- A lot of add-on configuration in the Mazzifier need to be updated for changes made by authors. Lots of obsolete add-ons need to be removed.
- Some efficiency mode stuff needs to be updated for add-on changes.
- The oRA main tank window options that were available before are no longer available in the latest version, so it once again is super-wide and won't fit in several of the layouts. (This was a problem in closed beta for a long time that made us stick with ora1 for far longer than we wanted to.)
- Fixing some more add-ons

So, in short, it's getting there. Once we figure out the unit frames, it should be fairly smooth sailing. Some aspects might actually be better than before. I don't have a specific time frame, but I'll post again when I know more.

- Mazzle

p.s. And a big thanks to the few of you who made donations lately. Your generosity has been quite encouraging, especially when I wonder why I'm spending so much time on this when I could be playing like everyone else.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 12-08-06 at 05:09 PM.