View Single Post
07-02-05, 10:35 PM   #17
Rallion
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Personal experience.

If you're having problems with fast memory, you might want to look into problems with your motherboard. I bought my current motherboard in a...let's say an emergency situation, I didn't have much choice, and as it turned out the only one I could buy had a problem with RAM running above 166. (KM-400A chipset. I hate it, but since it's already bought and non-returnable, I look at it as being free.) I have DDR400, it crashed like crazy in all games, but especially in WoW. I looked into it, found out about the problem, went into the BIOS and clocked it down to 166 and I've had no problems since. Also, because of the limitations of this motherboard the machine often runs slightly faster this way.

If something like this is your problem, some UI mods might make it more likely to crash. In fact, they almost certainly will. But it's not their fault.

The motherboard the most complex and most fault-prone device in a desktop computer, and I find almost nobody ever imagines that it could be the source of a problem. Maybe because replacement is quite literally equivalent to building a system from parts. Heh.