View Single Post
02-23-07, 05:56 PM   #4
Itsnoteasy
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Funny you should say that...

Well, I'm working on something very similar at the moment.

Basically, what it does is it attaches three buttons to the party frames and the focus frame (also thinking about the target and tot frames). These three buttons cast Regrowth, Rejuvenation and Lifebloom on that unit. When you cast those spells (even if you don't use the button), it shows the number of seconds left on the HoT, so you know when to recast it.

It's still in the "playing around with" stage, and it only works with ag_Unitframes (ONLY because it looks for ag's frames and not, say, the default Blizzard ones). I wasn't sure there would be much interest in it...

As for putting the timer on or under the buffs themselves... I've thought about that, and I honestly can't see a good way of doing it. The main problem is that the buff icons are so small, and in some cases already have a number on them: the size of the stack. I personally think the best way to do this would be to have a separate frame that attaches to an arbitrary frame, and shows a selected list of buffs/debuffs, and how much longer until they expire.

The one advantage of hard-coding them at the moment is that I can actually recast them in combat (forget that if you want a dynamic list).

If you guys really, really want to have a look, I could possibly be persuaded to post it up as an alpha-quality AddOn...