View Single Post
09-19-05, 12:23 PM   #20
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sariash
I allready thought that the itemlink idea isn't possible, maybe you find a way ... if not, the lootlink ides is nice ... just, that I would prefer kc_items
I'll do support for both (as an optional dependancy). I'm just about to test the lootlink support now and I think I can see a way to make KC_Items support as well.

Edit:

Support for both is now working. Loot Link support seems to be faster though as it stores its items by name so you can simply pull one out of the table with table[name]. Of course its disadvantage is that its DB is quite big and also I dont think you get the masterDB thing that you do with KC.

Running KC on the other hand produced a slight stutter on my system (Athlon 64+2800, 1gig of ram) when using KC's MasterDB. This is because KC_Items stores by id instead of name so you must search the database in order to get the item and return when it finds the item. Of course the advantage here is that a masterDB has been released and that the database size is waaaay smaller than LootLink.

So now I'm just polishing this, Im going to see if I can optimise the search in anyway but its really a very simple search so I dont think there is anything I can do, unless the database is stored in order, in which case I can do a binary search and get the result in a fraction of the time.

Edit 2: Looks like KC does indeed sort its items so Ill see if I can search that table using a better algorithm to stop the stutter .

Last edited by Kasheen : 09-19-05 at 03:17 PM.