View Single Post
09-13-08, 02:55 PM   #1
dragongirl411
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ButtonFacade: questions about creating custom skins.

Hi there. I posted these questions in another forum and didn't get any responses. Hopefully I can get some help here.

1) Am I correct in thinking that the backdrop and normal artwork are the only 2 layers that create the actual button skin, and the other layers are more for effects? I'm trying to keep this all straight in my head for when I create the artwork in Photoshop.

2) I tried modifying the height/width of the hotkey, count and name in the lua file, but this doesn't seem to do anything to the text in the game. Is the only way I can actually change the size of this text by changing the scale of the action bar?

3) No matter what action bar addon I try, I can't skin the micro menu. Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is (I am able to skin the bag bar)?

4) Here's the big question...My button skin is round and because of this the corners of the icon stick out just a bit beyond my button. Is there a way to mask the icons to hide the corners (see attached s/s)? This also occurs on the pet bar for the pet abilities that are in use (the flashy effect)

Thanks in advance for answers to any/all of my questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF_IconSS.jpg
Views:	1302
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	1926