View Single Post
05-21-10, 05:18 PM   #26
Silh
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Having just player facing is okay I guess... was how pdir was written originally (guess I have no excuse to not go back and update it now... man I'm lazy sometimes...).

I guess I'm mostly sad since I had this 'ah hah!' moment one day when I realized I could get the camera cvars (what I was actually trying to do at the time was create automated camera moves for filming), and 'discovered' you could do stuff like this. At one point I had all these plans about drawing the ping into the 3D world (simulated of course), but well, the usual laziness took over. This was way way way back too... the demo video I posted on Google Video is... *searches* dated April 2007. I dunno if libcamera (which AVR doesn't use anyhow) came upon this independently or whatever, but I guess having figured this out myself at one point, I'm just sad to see it not work anymore...

As to AVR... *shrug* tried it out, it's neat, but never tried out AVRE for the boss mods thing, so won't be something I'll miss. Mainly will just miss the fact that one more neat hack is gone...