View Single Post
11-24-14, 06:40 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
XML is just too unpleasant. I'll answer general questions but I'm just not going to read through or write any specific XML for you, sorry.

Originally Posted by Zireko View Post
I need the button to show and hide my Options frame when it's clicked.
Set an OnScript script on the button that checks if the options frame IsShown and then calls Hide or Show on it as needed.

I need to figure out how to move text up to the top of the frame in the center.
Anchor your font string by its TOP point to the TOP point of the frame, with a negative Y offset if you need to move it down a little for spacing.

I need to add some check boxes for each window frame for when there checked they will show my other windows.
Create a check button inheriting from the relevant Blizzard template, and give it an OnClick script that checks (lol) if it's GetChecked or not, and then Show or Hide the other window accordingly.

I need to add another check boxes that when it's checked it locks each windows.
Same as above, but either toggle SetMouseEnabled on the desired frame or, if you need it to still catch the mouse but not be draggable, just modify its OnDragStart or OnMouseDown script (whichever you're using) to check whether it's locked (based on the value in your saved variables, or the state of the checkbox, or whatever you're using to keep track of that) and don't StartMoving it if it's locked.