View Single Post
12-17-13, 04:09 PM   #39
nikkadaem
A Murloc Raider

The way I read this banter going back and fourth there is really only one core issue:

Scott sent a request to his subscribers to donate to a cause that is apparently important to him. The trolls smelled bait and went after him for it. He fired back at the community, basically saying everything that the majority of the community feels; at least the folks that have been around since Vanilla or even earlier. Someone at WOWI got their feelings hurt by Scott's lashing. WOWI decided to throw fuel on the fire which then alerted even more trolls.

So that's it in a nutshell.

Here is the irony. Blizzard created a mount and pet that is currently being sold on their website. A portion of the sale goes to Toys for Tots. Really...how dare they! Sarcasm aside...what is the difference between that and Scott's mission. No outrage over Blizz's actions.

Scott has a platform from which he has decided to speak. His points are valid. Site's like this one make a pretty good living off of advertising and affiliate linking, well maybe not so much since the game's decline, but still. It's money made off of the free labor of the developers. Brilliant business model, by the way, but WOWI should be showing loyalty to the devs (ie Scott) in exchange for their contributions.

[WARNING: Political Reference Incoming] WOWI asking for a public apology from Scott is like President Obama asking for an apology from Fox News for being right about Obamacare.

This really has gotten to the point of being petty. No...I take that back...it's beyond that point.

You know what? I think WOWI should publicly apologize to Scott for causing the drama. As part of that apology just make the statement that you don't agree with his position, but that you support his right to express his views. Then site the specific TOS that have been violated and work with him on it; if he's even interested anymore.

I don't normally rant in forums, but there you go. Trolls...don't bother, because I really could care less