Thread: EQ vs. WoW
View Single Post
06-29-07, 02:20 AM   #9
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Played Eq for a few years even had the opportunity to do full time raiding. I left because i felt at a certain point that was all the game had to offer with new releases. Bounced around the MMO world seeing what was out there. IN the end WOW ended up being my game of choice for many reasons.

I feel the quest/tradeskill system is far superior. The variety the skill tree offers is nice. You dont become solely your gear like you did in eq. There is a good amount of endgame content if thats your thing, though the game has plenty to offer even if its not. All classes can actually solo (obviously some better then others in efficiency) and all the classes (all kidding aside from the players) Can bring something to the table. AKA class balance i feel is better on the wow side of things.

Then there is ofcourse the travel system. You dont have to rely on players to feel inclined by either whim or cash offers to get anywhere in a reasonable time.

All things considered a previous poster said it best. WOW took a page form EQ and did it right. EQ has created the stage for the MMO's so i give it much credit and i loved it for my time there, though the almost unavoidable need to be in a raiding guild which were hard to get in to even the lowest lvl ones at times (a rant for another thread) eventually killed it for me.

You'll love wow. =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor