View Single Post
08-18-05, 01:27 PM   #26
Gazmik
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Catching up...

Originally Posted by Kaelten
KC_Auction has a interface to pull prices and what not from it...
I've been working on getting ReagentCost and ShoppingList capable of using KC_Items today, and it's looking good so far... except for one problem. KC_Items doesn't store the buy-from-vendor price for anything, only the sell-to-vendor price.

RC uses the former to calculate (well, maybe more "estimate") what it'd cost you to craft an item assuming you had none of the materials. (That seems to be the best baseline for determining the profitability of an item, even if you're more likely to have mined/herbed/etc. most of the mats.) Most tradeskill recipes involve supplies generally purchased through vendors (thread, flux, coal, vials, dye, etc.); it generally doesn't make sense to try to get them from AH, so I use the vendor price for those items in my cost total.

There's no fixed relationship between buy-from-vendor and sell-to-vendor price, unfortunately... for some items it's 4x, for others it 10x, for others even more. For now I'm using the auction price from KC_Items (better than nothing), but it'd be nice to see it track buy-from-vendor prices in the future.

Originally Posted by Shalkis/Sharlanth
After a bit of research, I found dat de inventors from WoWGuru have already completed a working DeliveryBot...
Hm... I've generally not been pleased with such tools, as they only can serve a subset of potential customers. However, this one shows promise, what with having an open format and all (meaning similar tools could be easily created to serve the people this can't). I'll look into it for my next releases.

Originally Posted by cirathorn
Grabbed it and installed it, Have all the dependencies (ENHtooltip, and Auctioneer) and nada.
Sounds like your issue was resolved at one of the many other places you posted... also sounds like it might have had something to do with EnhTooltip not working so great when not accompanied by Auctioneer or Enchantrix. Looks like Kaelten contributed a fix for some of that, and I'll be rolling it into my next releases.