05-13-18, 04:00 PM   #27
nebula
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by yess View Post
After trying with
Code:
git tag v3.1.3 && push --tags
the packer did release to GitHub but took the wrong tag (the one before the current).
You're using lightweight tags and tagged the same commit with both v3.1.2 and v3.1.3, git itself used the v3.1.2 tag to reference the commit. You should use annotated tags (add a message with -m) so there is an actual object for it.

Regarding the Curse version stuff, their new versions endpoint is lacking and they don't seem keen on improving it. The old platform included "in_development" and "internal_id" (toc) so it was pretty easy to pick the current version. Now the only context you get is the version name, so when the version isn't set manually all I can do is grab the latest one, which obviously doesn't work so well when there is a new version in testing. As a stopgap I committed using 7.3.5 as the default version for Curse uploads, but I really am hoping the endpoint gets better.

The WoWI versions json, on the other hand, is much nicer and has a "default" flag (Although it would be nice if they added new patch versions)

Last edited by nebula : 05-13-18 at 04:19 PM.