Thread: /sigh
View Single Post
08-30-05, 07:29 AM   #42
chemosh
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Brugs
The concept sounds good on a paper, so did communism, but to be honest the concept does not work in reality. To get big, you must think big.

I see it like this, there is the One Microsoft Way, or win the popularity way.

You cannot have them both.

Anyways, I do lissent to you, I will need some time to consider this option.

Brugs
Just to attempt to clarify this...whatever type of argument this is...what, distraction or something?

The concept isn't on paper...that was about 9 years ago. This is a matter of law. Communism isn't comparable, where the heck did that come from?? The concept DOES and IS and WILL continue to work...It's the Law. You do not have intellectual copyright on the mods on your site. Therefore, BY LAW, you can't post them.

This isn't a debate. Its the Law.

And if you REALLY want to bring Microsoft into this, who has been battling the supreme court for years due to anti-trust law violations, excuse, alleged violations. Popularity way? Where did that come from. We are stating very clearly to you, remove all mods from your site that are not yours by copyright. THEN you message the author asking permission to post the mods and allow them to update the mods to keep them current.

Good luck with your site, your defensive posturing and confusing arguments have already lost you a customer. Why would I go to a site of already dubious reputation, when I can come to well established sites with great reputations of looking out for both the auther and users?