View Single Post
03-25-09, 02:54 AM   #514
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
I responded to someone on the official forums. Admittedly my responses are much more heated then normally here but Im editing as Im pasting

I don't agree with any of the rules of the policy change period.

If I download an add-on I know is going to degrade my fps to 5 fps, I can do that.
If I download an add-on that takes up more core memory on my system then they intended I can do that.
If I wanna pay for add on I can do that.

STATING to me , THAT I CANNOT DO THIS , is . illegal. ( In California anyhow ) Especially if I do this, don't run the add-ons and I become a "banned" statistic.

There's nothing to slip through, Blizzard is telling me, their customer, I cant buy milk. Bread. Cereal. Gas. Add-ons.

They are saying to me I cant do something outside of their game. That's none of their **** business. If I wanna roll to the guys house and beg him for the addon, again thats none of their business. That fact that they think it's ok that they tell me it is, is way beyond sensible. It's flat out illegal. It infringes on my personal space. It infringes on my rights ( yes, I did some digging and telling someone in a business sense they cannot do something outside of your product, tracking it, and using a punishing action against them within a EULA is indeed illegal in California), and seriously offends me.

I'm sitting here waiting to see how they re-word this policy. I'm also watching very closely to see how they handle the backlash.

What scares me the most is this IS NOT the blizzard that made the original WoW. This reeks of sony online entertainment.