View Single Post
04-24-09, 06:12 AM   #817
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by gelukelu View Post
Well, newsflash! End-user DONT CARE that bug #1242 was fixed and that the addon author added a new slash-command that can do some fancy stuff he doesnt care about. End-user wants to update the addon that doesn't work anymore or just make sure he has the latest version. Because having the latest version is "good" as far as he was told.
As you do not care about improvements use old versions of addons.

Example of bad developing perspective: what's the point in having the Curse addon resident in system tray and spam me with news I don't even care about? I want it to update ALL my addons, when I want (twice-a-week or after a patch), then close and free up system resources so I can have +1 fps. Is this too much to ask?
You heard about program options? You can turn it off.
Do not use addons at all your FPS goes up.

From the bandwidth pov, what's the difference if I update my addons twice-a-week via WowMatrix or via the Curse+WowInterface clients? The same amount of bandwidth is used.
Did you actually read any of the previous posts in this thread?

WowMatrix is a program that has a list of download links to addons hosted on different sites. It helps you download addons hosted on different sites. It's an "cross-site updater" for gods sake. This is what it was supposed to do. Help you download addons from different sites. And it does it good.
Nobody says different things.

It's not the evil entity called WowMatrix that steals bandwidth for itself. It's me, the end-user, downloading addons twice-a-week from different sites that were supposed to make it easy for me to download these addons. What bothers you (curse+wowinterface) is that I don't get to visit your pages on a twice-a-week basis. In fact not visiting you pages and only downloading the zip files costs you less bandwidth.
Read some more posts in this thread

I know most people reading this thread are addon developers and addon-hosting sites administrators so I don't expect you to understand the "end-user perspective". But I really get angry when someone calls me an idiot in the face using words like "WoWInterface and Curse working together to help protect authors and other site-users". It's not about the addon authors and not about the end-user. It's all about you trying to serve me some ads. No thank you.

Cheers,
Gelu Kelu
Neither developer, nor administrator, but still not interested in your POV as your whole posting just shows that you just want to rant and did not read anything from the previous posts.
So stop QQ and read first