View Single Post
11-10-06, 09:17 PM   #121
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Contrary to what some of you have been saying, Blizzard and I *have* been trying to track down what has gone on. Frankly, at the moment I'm almost ashamed to be associated with this community and almost wishing I'd never set this up. I can't believe the way some of you have been carrying on. There is no entitlement. And there is support and "public relations". I should know, I've been working with them trying to sort this out. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

That being said, we're giving it one more shot (which goes completely against their policy) and sending out another batch to the names that had previously been submitted. They may not go until Monday morning though, given that it's already 6:45pm.
I, and I think everyone else in this thread, really appreciate the effort you have put into trying to resolve this. Even though, as you say, there is no entitlement, it would be nice to know why some people get their keys and others do not. If I am not eligible for a key, I have no problem with that, but it would be nice to know. That's all, that way I can go give up on refreshing my mailbox every 5 minutes.

When I mention lack of support and public relations, it is not only confined to this issue. Just browse the official World of Warcraft forums for examples. Blizzard has a LOT going for them; a GREAT game, constant updates, a HUGE user base (make for VERY good social interaction) and a very big community supported mod author base. I never said that there aren't support and public relations. I just said that it needs a bit of work.

Saying that you are ashamed with this community is a bit harsh, just because a few of us are actually speaking our minds. ALL of us have been VERY patient regarding this issue. Not one person in this thread has demanded anything.

After this post, I will probably never get my key; which is ok. I've had TBC on pre-order since September, I can wait.