Thread: OO initiative.
View Single Post
11-29-05, 02:35 AM   #25
Rowne
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Qzot and Mondinga Thanks for the thoughts, it's really nice to have a couple of big names in here, offering their opinion. My first concerns really are the player and the community and what's better* for each. What'll impact each less and what'll unlock the potential more for both. I really have given this a lot of thought. Hopefully this thread will present a good option, not to say that folks should use OO but to show the benefits if they did choose to do so. All I set out to do from the start was to raise awareness, that's all, nothing more and I'm sure that your words will no doubt help with that.

Gello Yep, so there is a slight overhead but it's really infintessimal. Especially when combined with the gains spoken of above, that we won't pollute the namespace and that we're not holding back on the community potential of our works. Thanks for that Gello, I appreciate you posting those times up here because it gives people a clear view now of all the pros and cons. It's always good to balance the views.

--- Edit ---

* When I say better here, I don't mean better as in the best or Right/only way to do things but more succinctly and correctly, the way that won't blow up. As I stressed in my first post, the namespace can be a warzone for variables and functions if not used correctly and it can get polluted and messy. I think it's only right that we should behave in our environment, whatever that environment happens to be. Good behaviour seems to be the better behaviour and that's all I intended to say there.

Sorry to overextrapulate but I just want to show my goodwill here and that I really mean no harm with the opinions I offer.

Short: Tolerance FTW?

Last edited by Rowne : 11-29-05 at 02:45 AM.