Thread: OO initiative.
View Single Post
11-29-05, 09:59 AM   #26
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
in a perfect world Blizz would segment addon and game code anyway. You would then be requierd to access addons via addon.YourVariable, while blizz created code would show up in its own global namespace such as global.BlizzVariable

I know that might seem extreme, but it would add a little bit more security and protection against overlapping namespaces, not to mention go further into making all code OO based. There are many possibilities for what Blizz could do to further the OO initiative, but anything they do now would be a radical change from what we have now...

For now I just do my part by making all my code OO based. I personally would love to see addon developers take the initiative to do the same. In the end there can only be benefits. In the extreme I would love to see all code become modular as described above, by separating addons and blizzard default code into separate namespaces. But as wel all know, OO is more an ideal and coding habit / standard than it is a requirement. Not everyone will embrace it like some of us have...

Last edited by Beladona : 11-29-05 at 10:07 AM.