View Single Post
10-28-12, 02:23 AM   #15
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That would make sense if the Shrines did not have different mapIDs, but they do. I guess if I want accurate data, I would skip mapID[811] Vale of Eternal Blossoms and stick to mapID[903] Shrine of Two Moons and mapID[905] Shrine of Seven Stars. When plugging data into Astrolabe and HandyNotes, [903][1] and [903][2] are correct for Moon's floors, while [905][3] and [905][4] are correct for Stars'? Or does Astrolabe use floors [1][2] for Stars'? I will have to test I suppose.

The reason I'm asking is because right now, the HandyNotes plugins for Innkeepers, vendors, trainers, bankers, etc use [811] as their mapID, which is not correct for either city, and it messes up the zone map and each of the city map floors. The icons are all in weird places, and I want to avoid that if possible.

Hey, it occurs to me to wonder, why is there eight coordinates rather than six? More accurate, yes, but if I wanted to use user data for missing mailboxes, all the coordinate addons I've seen read as 66.5, 47.2 and not 66.57, 47.21. To further give me questions, the example for GetPlayerMapPosition() uses even longer numbers, and between 0 and 1 at that.